Top posting users this month
No user

Shryz #1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AcceptedShryz #1

by Away Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 pm

1. PB2 Username:
My username is shryz. Nickname is shryz?.

2. PB2 Profile Link:
&s=7&ac=shryz&id=1304122

3. List of Alternate Accounts with Profile Links:
NOTE:

Irrelevant, my current account.
Destroy_320, my first account.
CheeseWaffles(lost), my map developing account.
nCn(lost), my old clan account.
mc brinquedo, something. Don't really know its purpose.
Shry, my ranked matches account. Inactive, but ready for use.
LegendaryGuest, my account with most kills.

4. How Long You've Played PB2:
Since 2011. If you want to check ID's, Destroy_320, as I mentioned before, was the first account I created on the website.

5. Kills:
57. Keep in mind I only used this account for clan training matches.

6. Deaths:

7. Player Points:

Not ranked due to lack of activity in the ranked matches.
(I don't play ranked matches with this account).

8. Are you currently in a clan:

No. Any tags found on alternate accounts are because I do not use them anymore or aren't representing a clan.

9. What clans have you been in before (List them):

iConfederacy: Also known as The Interstellar Confederacy, I was one of the founders of the clan, together with Satomi and Ghosty, back when I used the nCn account. My profile on their website.
+Anti+: Joined with the help of some friends, but didn't stay long. (I couldn't find their website)
Biohazard: Joined with the help of a friend which was member of the clan. My application on their forums.
iNSPiRE: Joined after leaving BoZ. My application on their forums (different account).

10. What made you leave those clans:
When I realized iConfederacy was dying, I left. There was no doubt, despite our efforts to have the clan survive, members of the staff left (for their personal reasons), and so, members of the clan also started leaving.
nCn (one of the final comments on the website) wrote:So the clan is dead... and it really looked like it would be a very succesfull one.
When I joined Anti, it was already dying. Up to this day, I'm not completely sure about why. After many members left, I did the same.
King Xlr wrote:I’m currently deciding wether +Anti+ should stay alive or not its really hard for me to keep up with leading the clan since I’m usually inactive. I’m thinking about giving the clan up soon…
It was hard to believe when I was told I was part of Biohazard. It's a clan I respect alot, and many of it's members were people I only initially knew because of their popularity. And that was the problem. Everyday, while in the clan, I still felt like a guest. I left because I didn't see myself as an effective part of the clan. There were also other reasons, like academic difficulties that I knew would make me inactive for a long time.
-----
iNSPiRE was different. The community was very friendly and I really thought there was a good future ahead of it. But after some time in the clan, this. The clan was confirmed dead. iSwift, leader of the clan, left. Taejo ended up as the leader, but he left as well, eventually, saying that he couldn't handle the pressure. Further events led to more and more members leaving, me included, and the clan died.

11. Who recruited you/directed you to the forums:
I wasn't directly recruited or directed to the forum, but I was inspired to come here after meeting some of the clan members.

12. Why do you wish to join GeNo:

One of the reasons why I want to join the clan is because I miss being part of one, the idea of being in a group where everyone helps themselves(that is, a community). But I want to join this clan specifically because it's not like the others. Firstly, it won't die so soon. I've experienced enough clan deaths. GeNo is a strong clan that will definitely last alot still. Also, I have friends in the clan. People I used to know in the past. After months of inactivity, I found some of them here.

13. What do you believe defines a good and bad player:
From a professional point of view, a good player would be one able to reach a given objective, overcoming obstacles along the way and delivering the expected result. From a social point of view, it would be one who respects others, knowing that everything has a limit. He would also obey to the rules present in a specific game, and if there was a rule he wouldn't agree with, he would either learn to accept it or report it to whoever imposes such rule, respecting the eventual answer.

From a professional point of view, a bad player would be one who is, for example, too lazy to pursuit a given objective, easily giving up on obstacles or delivering a unnaceptable result. From a social point of view, he would be someone who disrespects others, going beyond acceptable limits by doing things such as being extremely childish or evil. He would also not obey to any rules he wouldn't agree with. Basically the complete opposite.

14. How you help GeNo that other members can't:
Game Related:

General Abilities:

Clan Related:

And more.

15. What server(s) do you usually play in:

I play on California because that's where most players are, but for approved/ranked matches I go on Washington because my ping is better there.

15a. What is your average ping in that/those server(s):

Cali, 200-290.
Wash, 90-190.

16. Have you been tested yet? If "Yes," then by who:

I haven't been tested yet. Although I have played against clan members in the past. I'm aware those do not count.

17. Are you applying for Member or Trial Member:
Since I do not meet the requirements to apply for Member, I'm going for Trial.

18. By applying to GeNo, you will show the utmost respect to your fellow clan members and leaders, as well as to players outside of this clan. This includes being honest with others regarding your actions. You also agree that if in any case, you wish to leave GeNo, you must sign out a resignation form to confirm your leaving. If you do not fill it in, we have every right to say we kicked you out of the clan. There are codes of conduct that must be followed if you are going to represent our clan. Do you believe you can handle this responsibility:
Yes.

19. Extra comments/questions:
You might notice my writing style changed between questions. That's because I didn't do them all at once.
Away
Non-Member

IGN : shryz
Points* : 382

Back to top Go down

AcceptedRe: Shryz #1

by Xemonis Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm

Questioning Phase begins now.

This is an extremely nice application. I have no questions, and most likely never will, at the moment.
Xemonis
Xemonis
Official Member

IGN : Sniper J
Points* : 7107

Back to top Go down

by Vex Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:22 pm

This is an extremely well-written application. Your answers were clearly presented and straight-forward. There's no doubting of your intelligence and linguistic ability.

I do have a question. You mentioned that you left clans because they died off due to inactivity/members leaving causing a domino effect. What if Geno were to experience the same situation?
Vex
Vex
Non-Member

IGN : Traumatize
Points* : 890

Back to top Go down

by Away Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Traumatize wrote:This is an extremely well-written application.
Thank you.
Traumatize also wrote:What if Geno were to experience the same situation?
If members of GeNo, staff or not, started to leave the clan, causing a domino effect, as you said, I wouldn't immediately leave the clan. If it was eventually officialy announced that the clan was in fact dying, and there was no doubt it would happen, I would start to prepare for leaving. As it is required, I would prepare my resignation form. Once I realized there was nothing else I could do for the clan, or a staff member told me or the members in general that they should leave, I would then submit such form and wait for confirmation. Once confirmed, I would leave.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Kneelfrox Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 pm

This application is really good and well-written, i have no questions at the moment.
Kneelfrox
Kneelfrox
Official Member

IGN : Kneelfrox
Points* : 551

Back to top Go down

by Vex Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Interesting. Most applicants would pledge to stay in Geno even if it dies off.

This text here is quoted from your application when applying for Inspire:
Shryz wrote:After my first weeks there I started to realize that [Biohazard] wasn't inactive. Sure, there were members active on the xat here or there, but almost no one played Plazma Burst 2 actively. I do understand the clan wasn't only focused on PB2, but it was the game on their "list" that I most played. Another reason I left was the prohibition of multiclanning. Considering it wasn't a very active clan, I just didn't agree with being obligated to stay only there.
How do you define "activity"? I'm asking this question because similar to Boz, Geno also prohibits multi-clanning. Furthermore, because Xat servers are down at the moment, we may seem less active than usual. We currently mostly communicate through the forums.

What will you do if you find us inactive?
Vex
Vex
Non-Member

IGN : Traumatize
Points* : 890

Back to top Go down

by Ram Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 pm

What if you feel like a guest here? What if you don't see yourself as an effective part of the clan? Would you leave?
Ram
Ram
Official Member

IGN : Ramires1
Points* : 1112

Back to top Go down

by Away Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Traumatize wrote:How do you define "activity"?
Activity, in a clan, is to be present in the events that occur related to such, to mantain contact with members and be an active part of the community's decision taking.

I do realize, though, not everyone can fulfill this definition. I'm ok with that. In Biohazard, there were so many members but only a small percentage of them were active. It was always the same group of members, mostly staff and new members, with occasional exceptions. I'm also ok with the prohibition of multi-clanning. I used to be against it in the past but I've learnt to accept it. Now, answering your question,

Traumatize wrote:What will you do if you find us inactive?
It depends on the level of inactivity. If a specific, relatively small group was inactive, with important members or not being part of it, it wouldn't be a problem, I would be patient. If I had to do something important which depended on one or more of those members, I would simply either wait or search for them.
Now, if most of the members were inactive, with only a small percentage of the clan being active, it having a reason to happen or not, I would eventually end up being less active, as the avaibility of the clan would decrease. I always keep in mind that many players come from different parts of the world, and so they can only be active at a given time, and that there are parts of the year(like vacations) in which the clans are more active.
The tl;dr is, it depends on the level of inactivity. A small inactive percentage wouldn't be a problem, and a greater percentage would affect my demand for activity in the clan, but in both cases I would simply be patient about it.

Ramires! wrote:What if you feel like a guest here?
I don't think it will happen with GeNo because I already know some of the members, and also, as I have learned with my mistakes I could, as a solution, simply get to know everyone and then, I would feel as a member of the clan just like any other.

Ramires! wrote:What if you don't see yourself as an effective part of the clan?
As I've said before, I've learned with my past mistakes. If I ever realize I'm not being as effective as I'd like to, I'll pursuit this objective, and if I still find myself unable to do that, for some reason, I'll have to learn to be happy about the fact that I'm doing my best.

Anyway, I wouldn't leave the clan if that happened. Those weren't the only reasons I left BoZ for. I also didn't want to become just another one on their extensive list of inactive users, which I knew would happen, with tests on the way.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Vℓa∂ιмιя Cσυηт Dяacυℓa Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 pm

You said you know how to hack games. Even if you didn't do it or you don't do it, if this leaks out, Pb2 Staff can ban you for just as much as saying, "I'm a hacker"

Although this is a general ability, it IS illegal.

How can we know your not going to do something illegal and GeNo might face the consequences?
Vℓa∂ιмιя Cσυηт Dяacυℓa
Vℓa∂ιмιя Cσυηт Dяacυℓa
Veteran Member

IGN : Vladimir Count Dracula
Points* : 10938

Back to top Go down

by Tugz Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Judging from you're answers to previous questions, you seem to be willing to stay even if clan activity slowed down for a bit, meaning you would stay as long as it wasn't officially announced dead or etc. Although say, if clan activity slowed down, would you try to take on a leadership role (I don't mean to become a leader-type rank) by helping revive the clan through recruiting? Continuing to help by submitting your opinions and getting involved with political clan discussions? Or would you simply wait out the results and become less active yourself?
Tugz
Tugz
Official Member

IGN : Tugz
Points* : 2961

Back to top Go down

by Away Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Vℓa∂ιмιя Cσυηт Dяacυℓa wrote:How can we know your not going to do something illegal and GeNo might face the consequences?
I'm not a hacker. I have basic knowledge in changing files inside swf games. And I can't do that with online games. It's alot more advanced. Also, I've only done that once in the past, to test if it works. It was on a game called "Bazooka Boy" and all I could do before breaking the game was change it's text and some sprites.
I'm not going to do anything illegal. When I included this information in my app, I wasn't relating it to Pb2, but to other small games if someone ever got interested in asking me about it.

Tugz wrote:(...) Would you try to take on a leadership role(...) by helping revive the clan through recruiting?

If in that case I were to help in reviving the clan, I wouldn't do it for reputation or promotions. I would do it because I don't want the clan to die. If there's any way in which I can imagine myself taking on a leadership role, that would be because I was named like so by staff or others with authority based on my reputation in the clan.

Tugz wrote:Continuing to help by submitting your opinions and getting involved with political clan discussions?
I'd share my opinions on things whenever I realized it could help on improving/reviving the clan. And I'd help in political discussions whenever I could in order to help the clan. Say the clan was thinking on merging in order to not die, in the presented scenario, I would help in taking such decision by presenting my point of view on the situation, or taking other measures that could help. As I said before, if I find the clan to be dying, I'll help not for reputation, but because I'm also part of it and I should help as much as possible to prevent it from happening. And if there was nothing else I could do, there were no ways in which I could help the clan, then I would wait. I'd only become less active in case the level of avaibility of the clan decreased, that is, if there wasn't much to do.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Tugz Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Tugz wrote:Continuing to help by submitting your opinions and getting involved with political clan discussions?
And if there was nothing else I could do, there were no ways in which I could help the clan, then I would wait. I'd only become less active in case the level of avaibility of the clan decreased, that is, if there wasn't much to do.[/quote]

How would you define a point where you could no longer assist GeNo through any means therefore ending up inactive?
Tugz
Tugz
Official Member

Back to top Go down

by Away Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Tugz wrote:ow would you define a point where you could no longer assist GeNo through any means therefore ending up inactive?
Now that I think about it, the chances of it reaching this point are small. But not inexistent.
If I were to define such point, it would probably be after realizing I had done all my efforts to help the clan, until I'd run out of ideas on ways to do so. The reason why that would make me less active is that, while having/knowing ways to help the clan, I'd dedicate myself on doing so, thus I'd be more active. Once out of those ideas, I'd dedicate myself into trying to find new ways of helping, which doesn't require as much activity.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Tugz Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:24 pm

How active can you be on the forums/chats say you are accepted into GeNo? How much activity can we expect from you in-game and in the clan? Be honest and as accurate as possible.
Tugz
Tugz
Official Member

Back to top Go down

by Ram Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:54 pm

What if you become inactive? For example, because of academic difficulties? Will you leave GeNo like you did with BoZ?
Ram
Ram
Official Member

Back to top Go down

by Away Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Tugz wrote:How active can you be on the forums/chats say you are accepted into GeNo? How much activity can we expect from you in-game and in the clan? Be honest and as accurate as possible.
During weeks, I can use computers after midday. Before that, I have school. Then, I'd be very active. That is, frequently checking forums and being in chats whenever possible.
During weekends, I sometimes can't be as active, but when I can, I'd be starting at morning.
When I say frequently checking forums, that is checking for new posts and doing tasks I have to in them as soon as possible. It also applies to other clan things. Tournaments, for example. I can't be in all of them, but when there's one I know I have time for, I go for it. Important things, such as meetings, are things I really try to be avaible for. In-game, I'm also active. I'm always playing approved matches, mostly at night, when there's more players, and when I also play ranked matches. That means I'm almost always avaible for trainings or tests. Be aware that there are, inevitably, exceptions for being active. There are days in which I might be travelling or studying for tests, and then, I wouldn't be as active.

Ramires! wrote:What if you become inactive? For example, because of academic difficulties? Will you leave GeNo like you did with BoZ?
No. It was different with BoZ. And it wasn't the only reason I left it. There, I was literally prohibited to use computers for many months. And they already had many inactive players. But if this happened here, I wouldn't leave. I'd expect you to understand it and I'd return as soon as possible.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Ram Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:00 am

Lol, why were you prohibitted from computers? And this is the one of best apps I've ever seen. How good are you with coding in a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)?
Ram
Ram
Official Member

Back to top Go down

by Spirit Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:03 am

Ramires's question will be the last before we enter Voting.
Spirit
Spirit
Former Leader

IGN : Spirit9871
Points* : 3782

Back to top Go down

by Away Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Ramires! wrote:Lol, why were you prohibitted from computers?
I was getting bad grades on many tests. I managed to recover from that, but my parents were quite angry.
And this is the one of best apps I've ever seen.
Thanks.
How good are you with coding in a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)
I'd say 7. I have practiced alot but I'm not a master or anything of the sort.
Away
Non-Member

Back to top Go down

by Spirit Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:53 pm

That settles it then.

Application is now under Voting. Begin.

+1 from me. Literally one of the best apps I've seen come to GeNo. Well done.
Spirit
Spirit
Former Leader

IGN : Spirit9871
Points* : 3782

Back to top Go down

by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top